January 7, 2016 Golf Course Club House

In 1908, the Pacific Improvement Company announced plans to make Hope Ranch into a “playground of the world,” and thus the Potter Country Club was born. A $10,000 Clubhouse was built on Carosam Road. It was surrounded by a golf course and was the forerunner of the present La Cumbre Golf and Country Club. When the club moved to its present site, the old clubhouse became the Gun Club, used for skeet and trap-shooting. Years ago, the house was converted into a private residence.