E-Waste Drop Off Event
Friday and Saturday April 28th & 29th
8:30am – 4:00 pm
Sears Parking Lot at La Cumbre Plaza (3845 State St.)
The City sponsors two free E-waste Recycling Drop Off events,usually in April and October, for all area residents and businesses. Events run on aFriday and Saturday.
What is accepted at e-waste events?
Rule of thumb: if it runs on batteries or a power cord, we take it (with just a few exceptions)*
- Computers, laptops, components & accessories (CPU, monitor, keyboard, mice, cables, external hard drives**, etc.)
- Power supplies
- TV of any kind (CRT, plasma, LCD, etc.)\
- Stereos and accessories (speakers, cables)
- Microwave ovens
- Phones (mobiles phones with batteries removed; landline phones plus cords)
- Other items: electric & battery-operated tools, vacuum cleaners, fans, light fixtures/lamps (remove bulbs), electronic toys/games, cameras, record players, VCRs, hair dryers, radios, fax or copy machines
* EXCEPTIONS: WHAT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT EVENTS
- Batteries of any kind; take then to a battery store or ABOP
- Fluorescent light bulbs (long tubes or curly), take to ABOP or County Transfer Station
- Large Appliances (washer, dryer, fridge, oven): call MarBorg for your free bulky item pickup, take toMarBorg C&D Facility or County Transfer Station.
- Printer cartridges – take to the Post Office (free mail in), ABOP, or area office stores
- Media (DVD, cassette tapes, CD, vinyl, floppy disk), take to ABOP
** All hard drives are completely disassembled and destroyed as per our vendor’s Information Security Policy.
What Is E-Waste?
E-waste is anything that has an electrical cord or runs on batteries. E-waste cannot be put in trash or recycling containers since it contains hazardous materials. In fact, it has been illegal to dispose of electronics with hazardous components since February, 2006. Common e-waste items include:
- computers, laptops, components & accessories (CPU, monitor, keyboard, mice, cables, external hard drives)
- TVs of any kind (CRT*, plasma, LCD, etc.)
- stereos and accessories (speakers, cables)
- all phones (mobiles phones with batteries removed; landline phones plus cords)
- electric & battery-operated tools
- light fixtures/lamps (remove bulbs)
- electronic toys/games, cameras
- CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, and other media
*Damaged or broken CRT TVs must go to the County Transfer Station
**Modern Smoke Detectors contain radioactive material and must be mailed back the manufacturer
Reuse or Donate
If your item is still functioning, someone else might want it. Try listing it on Craigslist or eBay, or drop off at a local thrift store.
Free Home Pickup Option
Included with your paid City Trash service are two annual large item (“bulky item”) pickups; you can use them to have e-waste collected. We also offer separate collection of “white goods,” which are large appliances like washers, dryers, and refrigerators.
- Each single-family home that pays a City trash bill is entitled to two bulky item pickups per year with an unlimited quantity of goods, plus unlimited white goods pickups. Call MarBorg at 963-1852 for an appointment, but wait until your assigned pickup day to place items at the curb.
- For multi-unit buildings, the landlord or property manager may schedule the two included bulky item pickups (and two white goods pickups) for the entire building by calling MarBorg. Residents must gather their large items on the appropriate day.
Everyday Drop-Off Options
There are several convenient facilities for Santa Barbara residents to properly recycle e-waste:
- Downtown Recycling Center (MarBorg ABOP) – Mon. – Sat. 8 AM to 4 PM; entrance at 132 Nopalitos St. (official address 725 Cacique); 963-1852
- South Coast Recycling & Transfer Station (County Transfer Station) – Mon. – Sat. 7 AM – 5 PM; 4430 Calle Real; 681-4345
Inspired By the Master Santa Barbara Architects
Rebuilt in 2007 this home blends splendid with simple, function with quality and stunning with spectacular. This fine home joins Dave Shelton custom Wrought Iron details, gorgeous Granite surfaces, striking Alder wood doors with Travertine floors that flow throughtout. Spacious and inviting with 5 bedrooms, 5 full baths and 2 half baths, a 7 Car Garage, Food and Butler’s Pantries, a Craft Room and Outdoor Shower. The peaceful, ocean view Master Suite enjoys a private fireplace, sitting alcove, sunset patio, stunning marble bath with steam room shower and a large walk-in closet. Completing the second story is the Ocean View Office and Exercise Room, both open out to the ocean view patio.
Soaking Up the Ocean Views and Warmth of the Sun in Hope Ranch
Dazzling ocean views welcome you to this tropical inspired oasis on 1.27 acres near the coastal entrance of desired Hope Ranch. The single story home enjoys the warmth of the southern sun through walls of glass that embrace the amazing, and ever changing ocean and island views and flows effortlessly to the great outdoors. The backyard is framed in palm trees, enjoys a built-in BBQ Kitchen, outdoor dining patios, mosaic tile pool, sprawling green lawns, meandering paths, pool bath cabana, mosaic spa & peaceful privacy. The delightful location, that enjoys the sound of crashing waves, southern exposure, a usable lot and single story home is ready for you to create your very own perfect paradise.
Have it All in Hope Ranch
Easy living for the active lifestyle with a Horse Barn of desire, 1.77 acres of hidden gardens, sprawling lawn, tropical accents, pool with outdoor dining, spa, BBQ area, a greenhouse and an abundance of parking. The home has been elegantly remodeled with Venetian plaster walls, tumbled Traverine floors blended with plank wood compliments detail the soaring ceiling rooms with glass doors that merge the outdoors with the indoor living spaces. The 2nd Story Master Suite Retreat includes a Bedroom with sitting area and dramatic fireplace, a glass tiled spa style bath, walk in closet and the Master Office with private balcony that enjoys panoramic views from the Ocean to the majestic Mountains … a true escape. Enhance your active lifestyle with this Hope Ranch Estate you will be proud to own.
March 6, 2012
Hope Ranch, which is rich is history, was given the gift by the Santa Barbara Board of Supervisors on March 6, 2012 when they approved the Bryce Hope Ranch Beach Cabana and the Irene & Frances Rich Beach Cabana as Santa Barbara County Historical Landmarks.
Can you believe their have been none before?
Rare do you find homeowners who are willing to give to the community the opportunity to enjoy a portion of their property by restricting what they can do with the structures in the future. Today we have 2 such owners….Thank You to Geoff & Alison Rusack who have allowed their Beach Cabana and funicular to become the 1st Historic Landmark in Hope Ranch and Lee and Julia Carr for allowing their Beach Cabana to be the 2nd designated Historic Landmark in Hope Ranch…..WOW what a great day and giving people!
Read the article here
Daily Sound Article on the New Landmarks in Hope Ranch
Watch the presentation as a video for the Irene & Frances Rich Beach Cabana (it is filled with wonderful facts and interesting information, worth the watch)
PS: The Thomas Hope Mansion, owned by The Obern Family, is NOT in “Hope Ranch Park Homes Association”
Thomas Hope Mansion – Link to the Historic Landmark
Easy to look for homes that are for sale in the Carpenteria to Goleta area with the Village Properties Search all properties for sale!
To my Hope Ranch Neighbors,
Do you know of a Hope Ranch home for these Buyer’s?
1. Finished single story home with elegance, flair and style, not too big please, under 3,000 square feet would be best. Outdoor space should be inviting and easy care, pool ok, the Buyer has a pool service they trust to make it easy to own. Up to $3,000,000
2. This wonderful family wants to live the Hope Ranch Lifestyle! With 3 young children they need at least 4 bedrooms and like a large flat backyard. Would rather move right in, but for the right house would consider doing some work. Curb appeal is desired! Willing to spend around $3,500,000 for the perfect home to raise their children.
Summer Rental Need
3. Are you going away for the summer? I have a great client that is looking to rent a home for June, July and part of August in the Hope Ranch area. I will personally verify they are great tenants! Would like to stay around $8,000 but will consider higher for a great home for their family to enjoy.
Please call me if you, or someone you know has a home that fits the needs of these great soon to be Hope Ranch families!
Adrienne Schuele, GRI ` Village Properties ~ 805/452.3960 ~ ASchuele@cox.net